Catalyzing Discovery | Cultivating Community | Accelerating Impact
October 12, 2023 (all day)
The 10th Annual Symposium of the Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute will highlight a decade of innovation in neuroscience catalyzed by institute investments in foundational research and celebrate the inclusive and collaborative neuroscience community we have cultivated here at Stanford.
This year, our tenth annual symposium will explore the ongoing evolution of our community and our mission and look forward to the next decade of accelerating the applications of our knowledge for the benefit of society.
Featuring the following distinguished speakers:
- Anne Brunet, Michele and Timothy Barakett endowed professor of genetics
- Marion Buckwalter, Professor of neurology and of neurosurgery
- Lisa Giocomo, Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute faculty scholar and professor of neurobiology
- Sarah Heilshorn, Director of the Geballe Laboratory For Advanced Materials (GLAM) and professor of materials science and engineering
- Bruce McCandliss, Pigott family professor in the Graduate School of Education
- Sergiu Pasca, Kenneth T. Norris, Jr. professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and Bonnie Uytengsu and family director of the Stanford Brain Organogenesis Program
- Brian Wandell, Isaac and Madeline Stein family professor of psychology
Former Wu Tsai Neuro Trainees:
- Audrey Fan, Assistant Professor of biomedical engineering and of neurology, UC Davis
- Sergey Stavisky, Assistant Professor of neurological surgery, UC Davis
Also featuring a special fireside chat with:
- Clara Wu Tsai, Stanford class of ’88, BSE Global Vice Chair and Owner of the Brooklyn Nets and New York Liberty
- Cori Bargmann, Torsten N. Wiesel Professor, The Rockefeller University
The day will conclude with a poster session and reception featuring the wide-ranging interdisciplinary research of faculty and trainees of all career stages.