Parkinson’s Disease Seed Grant
Kristy S. Verhines <email@example.com>
December 10, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Parkinson’s Disease Seed Grant
Funding in the area of basic, translational or clinical research related to Parkinson’s Disease
Deadline: December 10, 2019
Purpose: The Departments of Neurosurgery and Pathology are requesting applications for a Seed Grant Program to foster novel research in the area of basic, translational or clinical research related to Parkinson’s Disease. The overall goals of this program are to:
- Provide seed money to support outstanding and novel ideas.
- Foster collaborations among basic science and clinical researchers interested in Parkinson’s Disease.
- Provide funding to develop pilot data leading to federal or other extramural funding.
Amount of funding: Funding will be up to $200,000 over 2 years. We expect to fund 1 proposal.
- Stanford faculty with UTL, MCL, NTLR and CE faculty appointments. Note: CE faculty PI waivers are not required.
- Funding must be used to form collaborations between basic science and clinical science faculty.
- It is expected that these early stage projects will lead to additional external support and be developed into longer term, collaborative, comprehensive research projects.
Proposals will be evaluated based on significance, innovation, approach, cooperation between basic and clinical scientists, potential for long term collaborations, and potential for future NIH or other extramural funding.
By December 10, 2019, please send a single PDF containing the following (in the order listed below) via email attachment to Kristy Verhines, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following information using standard NIH font and formatting conventions.
- Title Page (printed on your department letterhead)
- Title of this RFA: Parkinson Disease Seed Grants
- Title of your proposal:
- PI Name, title, department and contact information (telephone and email)
- Co-PI Name, title, department and contact information
- Other key personnel
- Other Project Funding available: ( ) No; ( ) Yes (If yes, please explain)
- Research Plan
Provide a brief description (3 pages) of proposed research. Page count includes figures and tables, but does not include references.
- Specific Aim(s) of Research
- Background and Significance
- Preliminary Results, if available
- Research Design and Methods
Provide a one-page budget and narrative describing how funding will be used to successfully complete the project. Justify support required to complete project, itemized by personnel, equipment and supplies. The maximum amount is $200,000 over 2 years.
- NIH Biosketch for each PI, Co-PI and Key Personnel. Please include ALL Other Current Support.
The PI is expected to provide a progress report of the work after one year of funding.
Your proposals will be reviewed by an internal review committee. The review process is confidential. Notification of funding will be made by December 20, 2019 for a January 1, 2020 start date.
Funds will not be released until individuals have applicable IRB approvals.
Questions: Kristy Verhines, email@example.com