Applications for EPFL-Stanford exchange funding are closed.
EPFL and Stanford University seek applicants for short-term (approximately 3 months in duration with a minimum of 10 weeks) research exchanges between these two prestigious universities. Faculty, Postdocs and PhD students of all levels are eligible to apply. The program seeks to foster meaningful long-term collaborations between researchers at Stanford and EPFL in a variety of life science fields, with a particular emphasis on chemical biology and neuroscience.
Applicants selected by the program will be reimbursed for their travel expenses up to $11,000 USD or 11,000 CHF for a three-month exchange. This award will cover the following cost categories: economy airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and required university fees. Funding will be provided as travel reimbursement.
The exchange visit must be completed within 12 months of the notice of award.
|Key Dates for 2019 EPFL-Stanford Exchange Awards|
Application Start Date
Application End Date
October 15, 2019
|November 15, 2019||December 2019|
|Applications are closed.|
See below for detailed information on the EPFL-Stanford Exchange awards process
All application materials must be submitted online.
- Faculty, Postdocs and PhD students of all levels who are in good standing at either EPFL or Stanford University are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be required to provide a brief proposal, CV, letters of support from their PI and intended exchange host and planned dates for the exchange.
- Proposals from all areas of life science research will be considered, with some preference for projects in the areas of chemical biology and neuroscience (especially related to sensory neuroscience).
Applications are first reviewed by a faculty committee at their home institution. Recommended exchange visitors are then reviewed and approved by the hosting institution.
All applicants must apply through the Stanford ChEM-H application portal.
A complete application consists of:
- A brief proposal
- Title of Proposal
- Applicant's curriculum vitae
- Letters of support from the applicant's PI (if applicable)
- Letter of support from the intended exchange host
- Planned dates for the exchange (10 weeks to 3 months in duration)